Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

"I Get off on '57 Chevies"

First things first:  I apologize for the confusion about commenting.  It was mostly my own error.  I have now enabled "anonymous" comments, which should allow anyone to comment who wants to.  Let me know if there are any further problems.




Second, and much, much more importantly, I just found out I'll be traveling in a black Chevy Impala.  I don't know how many Supernatural fans are reading this blog, but if you are, you'll understand just how excessively nerdy I feel about this.  I'm sure it's not a '67 (or even a '57 like in the Eric Clapton song), but let's be honest, I have an imagination, and I'm going to pretend.  I'm also going to imagine Sam and Dean and maybe Castiel are traveling with me.  And we're hunting ghosts.

There is nothing wrong with me.

Look at that pretty baby.

In all seriousness, things have been going well.  I cannot believe we only have one rehearsal left!  I have never gotten a show on its feet in such a short amount of time, and I have to say that it's been a truly unique experience.  What a rush!  (In more ways than one!)  I definitely have to tip my hat to my castmates and director.  They've been fantastic to work with so far.  I think we've definitely got something here.

In the meantime, it's been an absolute joy to be acting again.  For those of you keeping score at home, it's been over a year—nearly two—since the last time I was in a production and I have missed it!  It feels so good to flex those muscles again.  And now I'll get to do 15 performances a week!  It is going to be a wonderful, satisfying few months.

I have a more specific itinerary now, for those of you interested (particularly those of you interested in seeing [and perhaps feeding] me while I'm on the road!):

Tues Sept 4-Fri Sept 7:                                    Louisville, KY
Mon Sept 10-Mon Sept 17:                             Cleveland, OH
Tue Sept 18-Fri Sept 21:                                 Toledo, OH
Mon Sept 24 -Mon Oct 1:                               Detroit, MI 
Tues Oct 2- Fri Oct 5:                                     Grand Rapids, MI
Mon Oct 8-Fri Oct 12:                                    Cincinnati, OH
Mon Oct 15-Fri Oct 19:                                  Columbus, OH
Mon Oct 22--Fri Oct 26:                                 South Bend IN,/Kalamazoo, MI
Mon Oct 29-Fri Nov 2:                                   Milwaukee, WI
Mon Nov 5-Fri Nov 9:                                    to be determined
The gang and I (oh dear, I just turned us into Scooby and company…) will be departing this Monday the 3rd for Louisville, just to get the party started a little early.  Excitement abounds!
Finally, a few people have asked me where I got the title Cakes & Ale from.  The answer is that it is a reference from Shakespeare's The Twelfth Night.  When Malvolio is trying to break up the party that Sir Toby and his friends are having, Sir Toby replies, "Dost thou think because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"  That is to say, just because you are good and well-behaved doesn't mean there's nothing to celebrate and enjoy about life!


2 comments:

  1. Well, you are in luck! Dad has a layover in Louisville on Sep 6th!!!! We are very excited for you as you embark on this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha....trick or treat time at Auntie Robbin's! We'll have to think of something appropriate for dinner. Everyone here is so excited to see you. Break a leg and can't wait to hear about your journeys.

    ReplyDelete